12.17.2008

Movie thingy...

1. Pick 25 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
5. No Googling/using IMDb search functions

1. "You can't imagine how much I feel like making love to you. But I'll never tell anyone, especially not you. They'd have to torture me to make me say it."

2. "Don't mock me my friend. It's a condition of mental divergence. I find myself on the planet Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate the barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though this is a totally convincing reality for me in every way, nevertheless Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent, in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?"

3. "The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

4. "But it's my birthday and I wanna have a bloodfeast!"

5. "Yaa da poppin' corn is... 3D! Da corn is popping in your face inna... 3-D!"

6. "Are you calling me on the cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here, I'm hanging up the phone! Prank caller, prank caller!"

7. "Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit DON'T FUCKING ROLL! Shomer shabbos!"

8. "I've been tasting roads my whole life."

9. "Good evening Sir, my name is Steve. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions."

10. "See, it's OK. He saw it on the television."

11. "Look, there's two women fucking a polar bear!"

12. "All the way... to a hotel... which definitely has cable... and that's where this trapezoid becomes hmm shall we say... hahaha entangled with the exposed and aerated crotches."

13. "Mister rabbit says, "A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

14. "I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do."

15. "I'm gonna get an abortion and I can't WAIT!"

16. "Get the fuck off of my obstacle!"

17. "Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. It's a dumb question... skip it."

18. "If we can't make memories, we can't heal."

19. "You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

20. "You know there is a saying: When a child is six years old, it says, "the father can do everything". When he's twelve, he says, "the father can almost do everything". When he's sixteen, he says, "the father is an idiot". When he's twenty-four, he says, "the father wasn't maybe such an idiot", and then, when he's forty, he says, "if I could only ask my father". But I'm afraid my sons will never ask themselves that."

21. "I'm a god. I'm not *the* God... I don't think."

22. "Six? Oh, a dozen at least!"

23. "Tina, you fat lard, come get some DINNER!... Tina, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD!"

24. "9:22, Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun, so once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood."

25. "High school's better than junior high. They'll call you names, but not as much."

No comments: