Firstly, Happy Autumnal Equinox to anyone reading this today. =)
Today I am trying to put my end of Summer goal into action. No more cigarettes. At least no more cigarettes daily, no more grubbing (at least for a long while), no more buying packs. I hate this because I love smoking. I love the act. It's definitely more of a psychological addiction than a physical one for me. I know this is true. However, just in case - I have some stupid (insert whatever brand you like here) gum to use that J got for free from some sample website.
Anyway... Only six more days until we move into the new apartment. It's been super stressful and tiring but words cannot express how elated I will be to be out of the fuckery I am in right now. Constantly getting sick due to the environment (basement apartment plus a filthy roommate), the disrespect I (and my friends) have received; The list can go on. However since I am leaving, I will also leave the long list behind as well. Or at least for now. Maybe there will be a retrospect post at some point. Hah.
Baba (John, J's step dad who is actually more like his real dad because his "real" dad isn't the quite the best person in the world) helped us out a great deal yesterday. We went to Home Depot and bought a bunch of wood and built our own platform high bed frame! Now we will have room for storage underneath the bed, plus no more bed squeaking because of a shitty frame or box spring. *wink* This platform is absolutely diesel. He also gave J some money for our U-Haul and other things we will need. A nice wad of cash. We were not expecting that. I feel a little guilty. I'm going to get him a Thank You card. J was almost in tears on the way home last night saying how he doesn't know how he can ever repay John for what he's done for him. I told him, "Just tell him that. That's all you need to do." J is blessed and now, I am extra blessed.
So it turns out I had/have a sinus infection. I'm on day four of antibiotics. Antibiotics; What a wonderful thing.
I just scratched my right eyebrow.
Crisp air and a cricket choir.
Singing their deaths.
9.22.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment